[arch-general] Upgrade of bluez breaks A2DP?

Karol Babioch karol at babioch.de
Sun Jan 22 17:52:57 EST 2012

Hi,

I've recently upgraded bluez from version 4.96 to 4.97 and a few days
later to 4.98. When trying to use my Bluetooth headset (Sennheiser MM
550) I realized that it doesn't work anymore. Using gnome-bluetooth I
can in fact discover my headset and even connect to it, but it doesn't
get listed in the audio section where it normally can be found.
Consequently I can't redirect any sound to it.

When downgrading to version 4.96 it works like expected. As I'm only
using gnome-bluetooth I can't really say whether it is a problem with
bluez itself, or whether gnome-bluetooth doesn't support the newer
versions of bluez at this point in time.

Furthermore I'm not that experienced with using hcitool and its
relatives, so it may well be that I'm missing something here.

It seems just to affect A2DP, because my Bluetooth mouse works still
like a charm.

However I wanted to make sure whether anyone has experienced something
similar after the upgrades? I couldn't find any bug reports so far about
this, so is there anything I could have missed? Or am I the only one
using a Bluetooth headset on a regular basis ;)?

Best regards,
Karol Babioch