[arch-general] Upgrading password hashes

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 07:30:41 EST 2012

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 13:09:33 +0100
Tobias Frilling wrote:

> I know next to nothing about bcrypt, but you can configure rounds in pam

I could say similar about pam. In OpenBSD rounds are in plain sight in
/etc/login.conf

The PAM documentation I've found seems incomplete and a bit ambiguous
especially if you edit /etc/pam.d/other and make it explicit. I've been
wondering if that has anything to do with the Support companies that are
so involved with Linux, with it paying to be less straight forward. Do
you know of a good reference for PAM?

--
Kc