[arch-general] Upgrade of bluez breaks A2DP?

Karol Babioch karol at babioch.de
Tue Jan 24 09:29:54 EST 2012

Hi,

Am 23.01.2012 01:45, schrieb Denis A. Altoé Falqueto:
> Basically, you should add
>
> Enable=Socket
>
> in General section of /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf.
>
> Hope that helps.

that did indeed the trick and it's working once again, so thank you very
much for the hint. Probably saved me a lot of time ;).

However I'm wondering whether this should be considered as bug? A look
at the changelog for versions 4.97 and 4.98 doesn't tell me anything
about a change in the default configuration:

ver 4.98:
	Fix issue with adapter list upon initialization failure.
	Fix issue with missing legacy property for Low Energy.
	Fix issue with missing EIR information handling.
	Fix issue with device address type tracking.
	Fix issue with alert level characteristic.
	Fix issue with headset shutdown handling.
	Fix issue with Wiimote address handling.
	Add support for advanced l2test options.
	Add support for attribute protocol and multiple adapters.

ver 4.97:
	Update support for proximity profile.
	Fix issue with SBC audio decoding quality.
	Fix multiple issues with HFP support.
	Fix multiple issues with A2DP support.
	Fix multiple issues with AVDTP support.
	Fix multiple issues with AVRCP support.
	Add support for AVRCP meta-data transfer.
	Add support for Bluetooth based thermometers.

As it has concerned both of you as well, maybe we should file a bug?
Because I'm not sure whether this is intentional or not, but the idea
that we have to change some configuration in order to get basic A2DP
working sucks.

Best regards,
Karol Babioch