[arch-general] Phillips SAA7231

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Jan 24 15:02:29 EST 2012

On 01/24/2012 01:29 PM, Peter G Nikolic wrote:
> Hi folks .
>
> Does anyone know the state of play with the SAA 7231 chipset   i have a Compro
> S800F tv card dual terrestial  and satelite   but it has this darn philips
> chip  is there any progress does anyone know
>

> Cheers   Pete

Pete,

   Take a look at:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?O=0&K=phillips&do_Search=Go

   Not exactly your card (Kernel V4L modules for Phillips SAA7134 cards), but
you might be able to grab the tarball and take a look at the PKGBUILD script
and modify it for use with the SAA 7231 chipset. I have no idea what the
phillips card is and this package is old, but it seems to suggest that the
capabilities that it provided are included in video4linux and already available.

   Also take a look at: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=103348  It
discusses the same thing (I think)

   Glad to see you :) Good luck.

--