[arch-general] PKGBUILD help

Peter G Nikolic p.nikolic1 at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 27 10:40:16 EST 2012

Hi ..

I am trying to install my favorite editor   joe   now i have the "PKGBUILD"
file  have  run "makepkg" it has built ok no erors but how the heck do i
install  it says installed but it has not it has just created the directorys
in the build dir  but not actually installed it on the system  .

I am also still unable to get anywhere near that close with google earth
just piles of complaints  (all 32 but complaints but the system is 64 bit i
have the .deb 64 bit down  to no avail  .

Is there any clear concise documentation for the PKGBUILD / makepkg system
most times so far with arch i have fund what i needed but this time   :-(

Pete .