[arch-general] PKGBUILD help

John K Pate j.k.pate at sms.ed.ac.uk
Sat Jan 28 06:03:05 EST 2012

> Yes been there but all that happens is i get a load of failed deps  one of
> which it seems cannot be satisfied   and all 32 bit stuff this is a 64 bit  the
> PKGBUILD mentions 64 bit but goes for 32 bit the fails  also complains about
> google-earth.install is missing  so i dont know where to look next

It installs 32-bit libraries because the google-earth binary is 32-bit.
You can still run 32-bit programs on a 64-bit system. I've got a 64-bit
system and it's installed and runs fine.

The missing dependency is probably ld-lsb, which you have to get from
the AUR and install prior to installing google-earth.

If it is complaining about a missing google-earth.install, probably you
downloaded just the PKGBUILD. Download and extract the full tarball and
you'll have google-earth.install.

I should point out that all of this information is available at:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR

==
John K Pate http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/s0930006/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.