[arch-general] change in mount behaviour?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jan 28 13:59:48 EST 2012

On Sat, 2012-01-28 at 18:30 +0100, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 6:05 PM, Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org> wrote:
> > If you use such cards you probably have Jack running, and
> > if you really want PA you can configure it as a Jack client.
>
> For what it's worth, PA and Jack have a protocol to peacefully
> coexist. So, if you use Jack, even if  PA is installed and running, PA
> will move out of the way and everything should "just work".
>
> -t

Sorry, I can't be quiet, because this isn't true.

Audio in for my RME HDSPe AIO worked, but audio out didn't work. I had
to replace PA by a dummy package for my Arch Linux install. Even after
pulseaudio --kill nothing changed. Btw. sometimes I'm using my RME card
without Jack, but ALSA only. Why should I use Jack to listen to YouTube?

- Ralf