[arch-general] PulseAudio again (was: change in mount behaviour?)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jan 28 14:29:28 EST 2012

On Sat, 2012-01-28 at 13:14 -0600, Leonid Isaev wrote:
> Please please please not again!!!
>
> PA is a great consumer thing, and that's exactly what we need. Because noone
> cares about "pro" audio solutions which are a nightmare to configure.
>
> PA goes far beyond you KDE/gnome to embedded systems with android and webos.
> Having different volume controls for different ergimes is very handy there.

The discussion would stop once and for all, if there would simply be a
dummy package available by the repositories of all the distros who make
PA a dependency.

Neither the OP nor I have started this discussion on several other
lists, where it was a thread some days ago. All the time there are
averaged non-pro-audio users having trouble with PA.

And now I shut up,
Ralf