[arch-general] /usr on a seperate drive

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Sun Jan 29 04:33:36 EST 2012

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 12:53 AM, Peter G Nikolic
> Right now i have given up on the seperate /usr  , can i safely move /usr/share
> to another drive and symlink it to /usr/share   .
>
> I have it up and working again but the disk is showing 100% full  /usr/share
> seems to be quite large   /usr/src has already been moved and symlinked

We assume that all of /usr is available when rc.sysinit is run, so
this might not be a good idea (but might work if you are lucky).

mkinitcpio should be able to mount your /usr for you, do you know why
this is not happening? Do you use some fancy disk layout
(raid,lvm,encryption?).

Cheers,

Tom