[arch-general] change in mount behaviour?

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sun Jan 29 17:30:50 EST 2012

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 11:17:38PM +0100, Heiko Baums wrote:

> My is based on a bug report, upstream's solution for closing this bug
> report - this weird ALSA configuration which cripples those cards to
> pure stereo cards - and their response to the reopening of this bug
> report.

The ALSA 'route' device doesn't cripple the card, it just reduces it
to what PA is able to use. Even if PA would accept the card with its
full channel count there are no PA enabled apps that could all those
channels, and that's probably a good thing. Just imagine PA venturing
into 'pro audio' territory - that would be a real disaster.

--
FA

Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.