[arch-general] Nvidia Driver issues

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 19:23:20 EST 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 02:19:05PM -0800, Don deJuan wrote:
> Well still nothing in the logs that even resemble any help for me
> which is becoming frustrating.
>
> Though with further testing what I thought helped does not appear to
> have. I was able to shutdown/reboot about 10 times smoothly. Then
> after that each shutdown or reboot I tried went back to the old
> behavior of having the red screen.
>
> I am back to having to use shutdown -hF 1 or longer wait to get it
> to smoothly shutdown or reboot.
>
> Thanks again to those who have offered some insite so far, I will
> keep trying more things to see if I can track this down, or fingers
> crossed some miraculous update comes that automagically fixes me ;P

Just an idea change some of the shutdown scripts, explicitly unload the
nvidia blob etc and maybe include some kind of "milestone" debug information
in the scripts in /etc/rc.*shutdown ... you might just by accident find the
culprit and get things right with a while kill -0 loop or sleep.

cheers!
mar77i