[arch-general] Gtk update messed up thunderbird thread marker triangles??

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Jan 31 10:25:43 EST 2012

On 01/30/2012 07:20 PM, Javier Vasquez wrote:
> Hi David, I'm experiencing the same thing, but it can get worse/better
> depending upon the gtk-2 theme used.  Firefox and Thunderbird seem to
> be compiled against gtk-2...
>
> I'm using OverglossedHybrid for gtk-2, and I don't want to change.  If
> I don't use any theme, defaulting to gnome, then the little triangles
> are a bit more noticeable, though still not as they should.

This appears to be some generic gtk2 problem, but I can't tell exactly when it
started. I just checked an opensuse box and it shows the same problem with gkt2
(2.22.1), so it looks like the issue is in some package that interfaces with
gtk2 because the version on the suse box is way older than the arch version and
I still see the same behavior ...and... I know this is something I've just seen
in the past 30 days or so on both distros. I have no idea what draws the little
triangle (which package/lib, etc...), any ideas?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.