[arch-general] Updates

Myra Nelson myra.nelson at hughes.net
Tue Jan 31 12:12:43 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 10:34, Matthew Gyurgyik <pyther at pyther.net> wrote:

> On 01.31.2012 04:38, Myra Nelson wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 03:13, Ionut Biru <ibiru at archlinux.org> wrote:
>>

>>>  Thanks for the info. There are many things I still don't know. I
>> figured by
>> rebuilding them it would tell me if something was wrong on my machine.
>> Another reason for me not to file a bug report. The problem was between
>> the
>> keyboard and the chair and I don't think the devs can fix that one.
>>
>> Myra
>>

> If you are going to use testing, you should subscribe/read arch-dev-public.

Matthew:

I do subscribe and read arch-dev-public. Somehow I missed that one and was
doing what I considered the quickest way to solve my problem. However I
notice the only thing back from the devs was information on how to correct
the problem, not the typical admonition to "subscribe and read the
arch-dev-public" mailing list. An admonition that has caused many a long,
unnecessary, and boring thread on this mailing list. It's hard to teach
some old dogs new tricks when they've spent their time using testing and
attempting to fix their own problems. I'll admit, every now and then, I ask
a stupid "NOOBIE" question but it's after I've done a lot of searching and
work without finding the answers I need. As I said earlier in the thread, I
missed that one and have a lot to learn. That's another reason I use
testing, for an education.

Myra