[arch-general] Request of printing warnings at the end of pacman upgrade

BlissSam m13253 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 1 12:56:24 EDT 2012

Yes, that is true. I had a bad experience half a year ago, so I wrote this mail here.

And what I also want to say, the message should not be printed too often unless a really really important package is upgraded (such a bootloader or something else).
Or if the message is printed EVERY time upgrading the system, no one will check the log.

The package itself should mark itself that the upgrade is important, and pacman should be able detect it.

And how do you think of my second advice in the previous mail, that is adding a character to indicate the level of a line in the log file--my explain may be not good and you just check back my previous mail, the content below the horizontal line.

Sam