[arch-general] Country Name (ISO-3116) Issues

anti anti at lavabit.com
Mon Jul 2 03:36:24 EDT 2012

I am surprised no one sees what can of worms this might open. There's a
lot of countries whose names are contested, and sometimes the naming
will cause emotional reactions by more than one side - take the small
nation north of Greece, *commonly* (but not officially) known as
Macedonia, or Yao Wei's example of Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela vs.
Venezuela. If the Arch developers/community are willing to take there
time and discuss every contested name, so be it, but I suspect it might
have a negative effect on the core business of a Linux distribution.