[arch-general] Custom libexecdir not recommended for gnome

Clemens Buchacher drizzd at aon.at
Mon Jul 2 18:17:06 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 11:43:28PM +0300, Ionut Biru wrote:

> I'm using myself pptp plugin from networkmanager and I don't have your
> issue.

And you are also using gnome-shell and have configured "Always ask" for
the password? Note sure if this problem exists only recently, but here
are the versions I used:

    gnome-shell version 3.4.1-3
    networkmanager version 0.9.4.0-6
    networkmanager-pptp version 0.9.4.0

As I understand it, networkmanager-pptp uses a gnome-shell service which
in turn calls back a networkmanager-pptp specific password dialog. How
convoluted. I do not claim to understand all the mechanisms behind it.
But if you do not see this with the exact same setup, that would be
stranger still.

> And fedora is going to ditch /usr/libexec as well so they should fix
> this properly in the software.

Good to know. Thanks.