[arch-general] shadow upgrade 4.1.5.1-1. /pam configuration files

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 2 18:10:06 EDT 2012

> TY for help and hints, as PAM and shadow are both quite obscure to me
> when it comes to configure.

Needlessly too and it's not on it's own.

Unix philosophy of write programs that do one thing and do it well.
Write programs to work together. Write programs to handle text streams,
because that is a universal interface (Doug McIlroy).

I wonder, if he had wrote that today, if he would have added write
programs that are easily and intuitively controlled in one or very few
well commented textual config files. Though I guess he probably would
have figured that was obvious and didn't need saying.