[arch-general] Leap seconds ntp and chrony?

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 3 07:07:50 EDT 2012

>  it sure isn't for consumer hardware.

They could use better use of crystals in the main like watches but I
think they are good enough for all except corner cases. One guy on the
android list said research had come out with an average of two second
slide sqew per week or something rediculous and which I don't believe
for one second. I'll start my own tests sometime and find out, including
software slide. Either way NTP is irrelevent to me, my servers seem in
sync too. So I'd still say the best solution for most purposes is not
to use NTP at all.