[arch-general] [aur-general] [arch-dev-public] final leg of /lib removal

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Tue Jul 3 15:37:52 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 8:18 PM, Dave Reisner <d at falconindy.com> wrote:
> As with any large change, I'll mention on dev-public when this goes to
> testing, and there will be an associated news item when it moves to
> core.

I suggest also adding a post-upgrade message to kmod. Something like:

"Kernel modules are now read from /usr/lib/modules, all custom built
modules must be moved there before rebooting."

We all know that no one reads the news items, nor dev-public, so I
think adding an extra warning should save us a few hundred
mails/forumposts/IRC conversations.

-t