[arch-general] /etc/os-release: Suggestions for improvements

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 18:33:41 EDT 2012

On Jul 3, 2012 7:16 AM, "Karol Babioch" <karol at babioch.de> wrote:

> After reading the appropriate man page (see [2]), I think the parameter
> SUPPORT_URL is not appropriate. It is set to
> "https://bbs.archlinux.org/". Personally I have some sort of a problem
> with the fact that only the forums get mentioned as a source for
> support. Personally I don't use the forums very often, but do make use
> of the mailing lists and the *really* great wiki much more heavily.
> Furthermore there are the various IRC channels, which probably are used
> by some of you.

I believe we had a discussion here about this a while back.  The forums are
generally more accessible and "easier" to use. Also moderated unlike the
mailing list. As such it would always be appropriate for new users to be
sent there first, if for nothing else then simply to filter the trolls and
vampires out.