[arch-general] Leap seconds ntp and chrony?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jul 3 19:51:02 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-07-04 at 00:21 +0100, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
> I've never seen a system crash even due to a wildly drifting clock

There's still the paradox, that using a kernel-rt we get relatively good
timing for some apps, while the "real real time" might be completely out
of timing (>= 10 seconds).

Btw. I'm running ntpdate and sntp manually (regarding to the distro) and
even when there was "negative delay" for the clock, no Linux ever
crashed.

--
Classical Latin sucks :(
Extra fortunam est quidquid donatur amicis