[arch-general] MPD volume problems after update -> mpd 0.17-1

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 11:15:37 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 04, 2012 at 12:20:40PM +1000, Gaetan Bisson wrote:
> [2012-07-03 22:11:18 -0400] Sébastien le Preste de Vauban:
> > I tried with ncmpc and got the same results, I will check my alsa
> > and mpd configs files.
>
> Feel free to open a bug report against MPD if this persists (or even
> ALSA if you cannot adjust the volume in other applications either, say
> like mplayer).
>
> Cheers.
>
> --
> Gaetan

I'm sorry, but I find it extremely confusing that you discuss if any of the
clients make a difference on the mpd server's behavior. There's a section
audio_output in mpd.conf, which probably caught some glitch, probably related
to your sound system. checked for a /etc/mpd.conf.pacnew yet?
as for my own config:

audio_output {
  type "alsa"
  mixer_type "software"
  mixer_control "Master"
}

also, there are plenty of examples in my mpd.conf, some fiddling will likely
solve the issue rather than installing 4 other clients...
In other words, a different shaman won't replace your temple's lightning rod
either.

cheers!
mar77i