[arch-general] Glibc 2.16 bad effect on some software ?

Bjørn Øivind Bjørnsen bo.bjornsen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 06:37:18 EDT 2012

On 06/07/12 12:23, Paul Gideon Dann wrote:
> On Thursday 05 Jul 2012 17:01:37 you wrote:
>> On Thursday 05 Jul 2012 16:10:26 you wrote:
>>> I'll rebuild Qt when I have a spare moment.  It doesn't seem to affect
>>> Assistant or other Qt apps, though.
>>
>> Qt fails to compile with the following backtrace; it appears glib is at
>> fault:
>
> This suggestion seems to fix this:
> http://www.qtforum.org/article/37809/error-union-tag-used-in-naming-struct-
> gmutex.html
>
> I created a bug report:
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/30563
>
> However, I still can't build Qt, because of another issue:
>
> compiling helpviewer_qwv.cpp
> <snip>
> make: *** [sub-tools-make_default-ordered] Error 2
>
> This has all happened at a most inopportune time :(
>
> Paul

Hello,

This looks a lot like the error I got the last time I tried to build Qt.
Try building Qt using the "testing-x86_64-build" or "extra-x86_64-build"
(obviously your architecture may vary) wrappers, they set up a clean
chroot for you to build in. This approach worked for me.

Some more info can be found here:
	https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Building_in_a_Clean_Chroot

Regards,
Bjørn Øivind