[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] heads up: /lib removal

Damjan gdamjan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 21:28:45 EDT 2012

> Allan pushed glib 2.16-2 into [testing] which removes /lib as a
> directory, replacing it with a symlink. A bit of advice...
>
> - In the simplest case, the upgrade can be done as simply as:
>
>      pacman -Syu --ignore glibc && pacman -S glibc
>
> - Since nothing is ever simple, if the above still fails on installation
>    of glibc (with a somewhat cryptic "/lib exists" error),

I have an older Arch-testing system in a virtual machine, which I don't
think I can upgrade very easily, since it requires a newer glibc (has
2.13-5 now) to upgrade a lot of the packages that have files in /lib

Also it asks me about a pacman update that also can't be done because of
a glibc dependency.

I wonder if it be possible to upgrade Arch installed from the
2011.08.19 release?

--
дамјан