[arch-general] Stateless Arch

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 9 05:11:43 EDT 2012

> > I'd use connman for handling the net connection and it seems to require a
> > writable /var/lib/connman/
> >

> No experiece at all, but I'd say that /var must be writeable too. Think of
> it some like the /home of the system, so you should have one per machine in
> the NFS server.
>
> Just my two cents...

And /tmp.

Obviously you need to remount,rw to update and you may have problems
forcing it to remount,ro without a reboot. You will probably be
rebooting after running pacman, most of the time though anyway.

Much simpler on OpenBSD, mount -urf works well and every time and
there are far less reboots required too.

A grsecurity kernel can send you logs whenever a remount takes place and
can't miss any like when using monit or something.

A benefit over OpenBSD.