[arch-general] [aur-general] [arch-dev-public] final leg of /lib removal

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Mon Jul 9 07:38:29 EDT 2012

   After the latest glibc update in testing I found the following issue.

    The udpate to glibc 2.16.0-2 went well - and /lib is now a soft link
to /usr/lib.

   Things seemed to be fine - I was using computer with no problems,
then after a sleep/resume cycle my kde session logged me out. I rebooted
for good measure.

   Now certain bash commands (e.g. "su -") give this error (sorry for wrap)

-bash: warning: setlocale: LC_CTYPE: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF-8):
No such file or directory
-bash: warning: setlocale: LC_NUMERIC: cannot change locale
(en_US.UTF-8): No such file or directory
-bash: warning: setlocale: LC_TIME: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF-8):
No such file or directory
-bash: warning: setlocale: LC_COLLATE: cannot change locale
(en_US.UTF-8): No such file or directory
-bash: warning: setlocale: LC_MESSAGES: cannot change locale
(en_US.UTF-8): No such file or directory

  Any suggestions how I can fix it?

  The udpate to glibc 2.16.0-2 went well - and /lib is now a soft link
to /usr/lib.

  Thanks gene/