[arch-general] glibc 2.16 -- just what is supposed to be in /lib now ??

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Jul 10 23:52:23 EDT 2012

On 07/10/2012 04:12 PM, Mantas Mikulėnas wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 11:15 PM, David C. Rankin
> <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
>> > Guys,
>> >
>> >   I have read the recent thread about glibc problems and I am totally
>> > confused about what I am still supposed to have in /lib...
> Nothing, but everything:
> Both "/lib" and "/lib64" should be symlinks to "usr/lib". If they are
> directories, fix that.

OK,

  So then since /lib is very much still a directory and not a symlink, then I
should:

(1)   cp -a /lib /usr
(2)   rm -r /lib
(3)   ln -s /usr/lib /lib

... and the kernel modules for the running kernel ending up in /usr/lib/modules
and udev ending up in /usr/lib/udev -- are all OK with this?  And what is /usr
and /lib as _separate_ partitions on the main box? softlinks won't work across
partition boundaries -- so what then?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.