[arch-general] glibc 2.16 -- just what is supposed to be in /lib now ??

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Jul 11 14:52:33 EDT 2012

On 07/11/2012 12:00 PM, Squall Lionheart wrote:
>> (...but cannot hardlink files in a sane way.)
>>
>> ext4 supports hardlinked directories, can be done using `debugfs` –
>> Linux just disallows that in link() currently.
>>

> Thank you Mantas for the info.  I'm having a hard time finding information
> on how to create a hard link on a directory, if you have any resources you
> can provide that would be very helpful.

Double thanks to Tom, David, Mantas, Squall, and all who responded. I now have
a better appreciation for where my install is (no testing pkgs) and the /lib
-> /usr/lib linking that I will expect in the future. As for the original
rpcgen error, that is still in work and I'll keep digging.

I have a much better appreciation of all the hard work you guys put in keeping
Arch the most current distro in use.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.