[arch-general] Upgraded kmod, but --ignored linux & glibc, modules still in /lib - can I reboot safely?

Daniel Wallace daniel.wallace at gatech.edu
Sun Jul 15 10:51:37 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 12:35:58AM -0500, David C. Rankin wrote:
> Tom, All,
>
>   I see the glibc /lib move is out of testing. I updated with --ignore
> linux,glibc and received an install warning from kmod stating:
>
> ==> Kernel modules are now only read from /usr/lib/modules...
>
>   My modules are still shown in /lib. Does this mean I cannot reboot safely and
> expect it to work? Since I wanted to delay install of the new kernel and glibc,
> should I also have excluded kmod?
>
> --
> David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.

it is possible to still have /lib/modules, but have your modules in
/usr/lib/modules.  Follow issue 2 from the wiki page mentioned in the
news.  There is a find command to tell you what is in /lib that is not
owned.  The grep command will tell you what pacman thinks should be in
/lib, if you have something that is in there that isn't glibc, either
pacman -R it or rebuild it with a fixed pkgbuild that puts them in
/usr/lib