[arch-general] my Arch box randomly becomes irresponsible

Guillermo Leira gleira at gleira.com
Mon Jul 16 04:58:52 EDT 2012

I'm having exactly the same behavior, but I have Intel graphics. Are you
using gnome?

I don't know where or when this problem comes from.

I have set the screensaver to shut down the screen after an hour of
inactivity, and so reduce the times that it happens. If I left the computer
for more than one hour, I have to press ctrl-alt-f1, and enter
killall -HUP gnome-shell
This restarts gnome-shell, but all the applications are still working.

HTH

Guillermo Leira