[arch-general] About arch-install-scripts and new official iso.

C Anthony Risinger anthony at xtfx.me
Mon Jul 16 14:16:32 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Tobias Powalowski
<tobias.powalowski at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am Mon, 16 Jul 2012 13:28:00 +0200
> schrieb fredbezies <fredbezies at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> I've read the wiki page for arch-install-scripts. It is not very
>> "user-friendly". Any hope to see this "embedded" in a program, like
>> good old arch/setup ?
>>
>> I'm not afraid of these scripts, but it could drive away some users
>> which are not ready for a so "simplified" installation tool.
>>

> Archboot:
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Archboot
>
> It uses a working installer for quite everything.
> For complete systemd support next ISO would be better to use,
> I'm only waiting for core changes to calm down first.
> greetings
> tpowa
> --
> Tobias Powalowski
> Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer (tpowa)
> http://www.archlinux.org
> tpowa at archlinux.org

out of curiousity, why doesn't archboot take AIF's place?  it's always
worked pretty good and i have long since use it exclusively.

... though i can certainly understand if the reason is not wanting to
be driven or constrained by such burdens.

--

C Anthony