[arch-general] TexLive custom classes problem.

Jayesh Badwaik jayesh.badwaik90 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 08:24:14 EDT 2012

On Wednesday 18 Jul 2012 16:34:49 you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am unable to get custom .cls files detected by the latex
program.
> I have a file "jbnotebook.cls" which works fine when it is placed
in
> the same directory as the the file main.tex. So, the file itself
is
> not a problem.  Also,
>
> [me at localhost]$ kpsewhich -var-value=TEXMFHOME
> /home/jayesh/.local/share/texmf
>
> So far so good. I have placed my file jbnotebook.cls at the
> following location

/home/jayesh/.local/share/texmf/tex/latex/jbnotebook/jbnotebook.cls

> Also, for sake of trying to make things work, I have the
following
> file
> /home/jayesh/texmf/tex/latex/jbnotebook/jbnotebook.cls
>
> And texhash has been run on both the texmf folder and they
contain
> ls-R which is correct.
>
> Now,
> [me at localhost]$  kpsewhich -var-value=TEXMF
> {/home/jayesh/.texlive/texmf-config,/home/jayesh/.texlive/texmf-

var,!!/home/jayesh/.local/share/texmf,!!/etc/texmf,!!/var/lib/texmf,!!/usr/share/texmf,!!/usr/local/share/texmf,!!/usr/share/texmf-
> dist}
>
> And still when I run the latex command, it tells me that the
> jbnotebook.cls is not found.
>
> What can be the problem?

Sorry, got it. After an extensive search, just realized that the
problem was in TEXMFDB variable where a typo had rendered the home
directory useless.

Anyway, I had read that the TeXLive should automatically anyway
search in ~/texmf. Why did this not happen here? Any ideas?

--
Jayesh Badwaik
stop html mail      | always bottom-post