[arch-general] Kernel verbosity

Sudaraka Wijesinghe sudaraka.wijesinghe at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 10:02:38 EDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

I'm playing with a custom kernel just for the fun of it, Everything
works fine except it's very noisy when it boots. I'm using the same
loglevel (4) as the default kernel that is in the Arch repo. And I have
turned off many debug options under kernel hacking section.
It does quiet down when I add the "quiet" parameter to the kernel
command line.

What I was wondering is how the Arch kernel is keeping it quiet without
using the command line parameter (quiet), is it using a patch for that
or something?

Thanks,

P.s.
Messages I get are hardware probing, state changes and file system
mount, etc.

--

Sudaraka Wijesinghe