[arch-general] arduino mega2560 and gcc-avr

andrea crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 10:16:00 EDT 2012

2012/7/17 Karol Babioch <karol at babioch.de>:

> This can (and to my opinion should) be changed, so you don't need to be
> root. See [1] for some examples for various programmers.
>
> First of all you should try to use the upstream package, which can be
> downloaded here [2]. It already contains the necessary tool chain
> (including avr-gcc and/or avr-g++), so it probably should work just
> fine. If it does function, you can then look into the reason why your
> setup doesn't work.
>
> Best regards,
> Karol Babioch
>
> [1]
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Udev#Accessing_Firmware_Programmers_and_USB_Virtual_Comm_Devices
> [2] http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

So I am actually using the default arduino installation, and the
curious thing is that if I write a program which does something with
the leds everything compiles and runs perfectly.

But if I try to use the Serial object (for example
Serial.begin(9600);), it stops to compile.
I tried both with "ino" and gnoduino, but I don't think is a problem
of the tool..