[arch-general] Arch install scripts : feedback and questions.

C Anthony Risinger anthony at xtfx.me
Wed Jul 18 16:35:14 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 12:44 PM, fredbezies <fredbezies at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> grub 2 is currently in testing. Once this moves to core and grub1 will
>> get removed from the repo we will include it for the next iso.
>
> Great. Because installing grub2 by hand is kinda hellish. It is why I
> used archboot on my last real install :)

IIRC you don't [normally] need to do much more than edit
/etc/default/grub (if desired), followed by:

# grub-install --recheck /dev/sdX
    ... repeat if using RAID ...
# grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

... unless you have an unusual setup. the above works fine for all my
machines (note: none are EFI, not sure about those) .. pretty easy IMO
:-)

--

C Anthony