[arch-general] Updating AUR package with pacman

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 13:13:13 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 4:18 PM, Jelle van der Waa <jelle at vdwaa.nl> wrote:
> On 19/07/12 17:13, Thorsten Jolitz wrote:
>>
>> Hi List,
>>
>> when I want to install a new version from an already installed AUR
>> package - do I have to remove the old version first, or do I simply
>> follow the same steps as if there would be no old version on my machine
>> and pacman takes care of everything?
>>
> Just build a new version of the AUR package and pacman will update it by
> installing the new package.

Yes after building from the AUR:
pacman -U path/to/package-compressed-xz-file

Interestingly I have tigervnc installed, that until recently used to
be in AUR - last night when I did pacman -Syu I found this package had
moved to community and obligingly updated to the new version without
me doing anything special - nice!

--
mike c