[arch-general] haveged and Secure Cryptography

David Hunter archlinux at synackrst.net
Fri Jul 20 01:10:05 EDT 2012

Does anyone know if haveged significantly affects things like
truecrypt, cryptsetup, RSA, or SSL if you happen to leave the daemon
running for long periods of time? I'm sure that it's always going to
be "random enough", but I often make use of Archlinux in forensic
environments involving encrypted disks and files or transferring
things over SSL, so I do need to know if there is even a theoretical
weakness in my environment in case my tools and methodologies are
called into question.

Thanks

--
David Hunter