[arch-general] Still Glibc problems

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Fri Jul 20 10:47:53 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 4:21 PM, D. R. Evans <doc.evans at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's nothing on this system that hasn't come from either AUR or the
> official arch repositories, so I don't know why I'm having any problems at all :-(

I have seen people having problems because they installed packages
from repos that they no longer have active (typically multilib), make
sure to either remove any "stale" packages or re-enable any repos so
you get all the most recent updates.

Lastly, AUR is user-maintained so could contain anything at all (i.e.
it is not surprising that they are causing problems). I'd suggest just
removing all packages from the AUR for the time being, and once the
update has succeeded you can reinstall them.

-t