[arch-general] Still Glibc problems

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Fri Jul 20 16:41:21 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 10:36 PM, D. R. Evans <doc.evans at gmail.com> wrote:
> Norbert Zeh said the following at 07/20/2012 12:27 PM :
>
>> think the reason why you are having a much more serious issue is that it seems
>> you haven't updated your system in a long time.  So now you're running into
>
> Approximately a month, I believe. Certainly not a whole lot longer. I don't
> regard that as a long time, but perhaps in the arch world it is. But since the
> box I'm upgrading often goes a couple of months without even being powered up,
> it would be hard to upgrade more frequently.

No, a month is not a long time. I would have thought more than half a
year (which is still not awfully long, but would mean you would be hit
by the problem explained in
http://allanmcrae.com/2012/07/updating-arch-linux-from-a-core-install/).
Anyway, I didn't mean to imply that you have to update at a certain
frequency, just to offer a possible explanation why you are seeing
problems that relatively few other people are seeing.

-t