[arch-general] pm-hibernate not working since update to 3.4.5-1-ARCH

Arvid Warnecke arvid at nostalgix.org
Sat Jul 21 07:30:24 EDT 2012

Hello Ike,

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 10:15:48PM +0200, Ike Devolder wrote:
> Op vrijdag 20 juli 2012 22:06:31 schreef Arvid Warnecke:
> > >
> > > remove the ones that are already installed, and then finish building
> > > and installing the new ones
> >
> > That results in removing 41 packages depending on nvidia and
> > nvidia-utils. Any better way?
>
> or follow the following steps without rebooting:
>
> 1) build 'nvidia-utils-ll'
> 2) remove 'nvidia'
> 3) install 'nvidia-utils-ll'
> 4) build 'nvidia-ll'
> 5) install 'nvidia-ll'
>
> and that should do it and not get you to remove many packages

Worked well.
But did not solve the problem. Hibernation still seems to work at first,
but when I start the laptop it boots normally, fscks disks because of
unclean unmount and leaves me with a freshly rebooted machine.

What does work now with 295.59 for me is pm-suspend. I read a lot about
people having issues with nvidia from official, too. But with

vbetool dpms on

in my handler.sh it seems to work pretty well.

Cheers,
Arvid

--
[ Arvid Warnecke ][ arvid (at) nostalgix (dot) org ]
[ IRC/OPN: "madhatter" ][ http://www.nostalgix.org ]