[arch-general] My end-user $0.02 on /etc/rc.conf splitting.

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Sun Jul 22 09:02:05 EDT 2012

Am Sun, 22 Jul 2012 12:43:39 +0000
schrieb Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org>:

> Fair enough, but for this sort of thing, who is 'upstream' ?

In this case the super-ingenious Lennart Poettering, I guess.

That said, Gentoo always had separate config files located
in /etc/conf.d. So the idea of not having one single rc.conf is not
this new. Nevertheless one single /etc/rc.conf makes the administration
a bit more comfortable, because you have all settings at a glance and
don't need to cat or edit several files.

Regarding the threats of switching from Arch to Fedora: Fedora is
Redhat. As far as I know Lennart Poettering is an employee of Redhat.
So do you guys really think that Fedora is better in this regard and
won't support systemd and those single config files?

Heiko