[arch-general] My end-user $0.02 on /etc/rc.conf splitting.

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Sun Jul 22 12:28:58 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida at gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't mean the Arch devs, I meant Mr. Poettering & friends.

Ah, I see.

> I made clear
> that I think the Arch devs have a difficult task, trying to keep the Arch
> spirit while keeping in sync with upstream. This may prove impossible if
> "upstream" is taken over by a couple of devs with a huge superavit of
> self-esteem and a deficit of esteem for Unix. Again, having contempt for Unix
> is perfectly legitimate, but they should assume it and start their own OS. One
> can always hope that things will change for the better upstream.

I'd like to point out that systemd upstream is very easy to work with,
and I have never had problems getting in changes (except for when I
was wrong of course). If you have technical concerns and phrase them
in a technical way they will be taken seriously. Admittedly there is
not much patience for non-technical objections.

-t