[arch-general] Install scripts

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sun Jul 22 17:02:00 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 11:01:02AM -0000, Arch Linux: Recent news updates: Pierre Schmitz wrote:

> New iso images containing a current Arch Linux snapshot have been released and
> can be found on our [Download][1] page.

I have not used the install scripts so far (probably will in a few
days) but been reading the wiki pages, and I think I'm going to like
this way of doing things.

But it *definitely* goes against anything 'upstream' or 'mainstream'.

So if the Arch devs/maintainers are invoking 'upstream' or some
general tendencies in the Linux world as arguments for introducing
changes, that has to be taken with some grains of salt. You can't
say 'A' and '~A' as seems fit without undermining your credibility.

Ciao,

--
FA

Do you know what is on the bottom of the mainstream ? Mediocrity.
(T. Mann / L. Visconti).