[arch-general] My end-user $0.02 on /etc/rc.conf splitting.

gt static.vortex at gmx.com
Mon Jul 23 00:15:04 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 03:38:52PM -0700, David Benfell wrote:
> On 07/22/12 05:39, Nelson Marambio wrote:
> >
> > Really Mint ? I switched FROM Mint TO Arch because upgrading Mint
> > ended up in a re-installation of the whole system :-(
>
> Yes, dist-upgrade simply doesn't work anymore because Ubuntu, Mint,
> and I assume Debian are all making changes between releases that break
> the upgrades. That, too, is why I switched to Arch Linux.

Nelson, David

LMDE is not the usual mint. It is rolling release based on debian
testing, so no dist-upgrade stuff.

Frankly, I haven't tried it, but I don't think it will break stuff
anymore than arch does. All I have heard is praise about it, but I am
too engrossed in arch to give it a thought, yet.