[arch-general] linux-3.5.0-1 enters [testing]

Marius T. mus.svz at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 23 13:58:55 EDT 2012

Am 23.07.2012 19:24, schrieb Marius T.:
> Am 23.07.2012 19:10, schrieb Karol Babioch:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 23.07.2012 18:46, schrieb Leonid Isaev:
>>> Rebuild your initramfs.
>> Of course, I have completely forgotten that I've updated the kernel
>> first this time. Quite stupid, sorry for the noise.
>>
>> Nevertheless I don't get any errors: http://pastebin.com/NwmNAciN
>>
>> So, I'm afraid this is something specific to your system :(.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Karol Babioch
>>
> I found the culprit: I have a custom udev rule which watches for a
> HDMI hotplug event and then starts a script which configures the
> screens with xrandr accordingly. When I disable it, 3.5 boots up
> without errors. Still strange that it works fine in 3.4.6 (I
> downgraded to confirm it).
>
> I know that you are not supposed to run long scripts from udev rules,
> maybe this has something to do with it (although the script shouldn't
> take much time). I'm gonna have a look into it...
>
> thanks and best regards,
> Marius
sorry, turns out I spoke too soon, this wasn't related to the udev rule,
it just doesn't happen on every boot.
sometimes it also gets stuck at the stack trace and I have to do a hard
reset.

suspending is also broken, it gets stuck with the following:

Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.01 seconds) done.
Freezing remaining freezable tasks... (elapsed 0.01 seconds) done.
PM: Entering mem sleep
Suspending console(s) (use no_console_suspend to debug)

god damnit, I hate this laptop, one issue after the other... :(