[arch-general] Systemd with encrypted Btrfs

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Tue Jul 24 06:16:53 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Aurko Roy <roy.aurko at gmail.com> wrote:
> You're right, on digging deeper (logs) I found that the fsck had
> failed earlier as well but I never noticed it as the boot process
> wasn't interrupted. I didn't face it again after setting passno. to 0.
> I had heard about btrfs being released without a proper fsck in place
> but I thought that was long ago and that btrfsck was ready for general
> use.

I have been using btrfs as my rootfs on all my machines for a couple
of years and never seen a corruption that required fsck, so I don't
know how well (or not) btrfsck actually works. I would assume it would
not be too bad, as it is shipped by at least Oracle. The problem
though is that it does not implement the correct API for integration
with regular fsck, so it can only be called manually and not
automatically on boot.

-t