[arch-general] python needs /usr/include/?

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 07:52:02 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 01:01:45PM +0200, Christian Hesse wrote:
> Rodrigo Rivas <rodrigorivascosta at gmail.com> on Sat, 2012/07/21 00:36:
> > On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 12:25 AM, Rodrigo Rivas <rodrigorivascosta at gmail.com
> > > wrote:

I suggest it's a bad idea to castrate packages from files.
Either way around, you will break pacman's "heart".
If you want to reduce size, remove packages as a whole from the media or
deliver custom, slimmed down builds.
Eg. python2 with only what wicd needs to run smoothly.

Just my context-free 2 cents.

cheers!
mar77i