[arch-general] rc.local.shutdown equivalent in systemd

Manolo Martínez manolo at austrohungaro.com
Tue Jul 24 08:13:07 EDT 2012

On 07/24/12 at 12:44pm, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Rodrigo Rivas
> <rodrigorivascosta at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 4:31 AM, James Nelson <jnlson at gmx.com> wrote:
> >
> >> On 07/23/12 20:10, Manolo Martínez wrote:
> >>
> > [Unit]
> >> Description=Unload module before shutdown
> >> Before=shutdown.target
> >>
> >> [Service]
> >> Type=oneshot
> >> ExecStart=/usr/bin/rmmod modulename
> >>
> >> [Install]
> >> WantedBy=multi-user.target
> >>
> >> Haven't tried it, might not work, no guarantees, etc..
> >>

> > Shouldn't it be just
> >
> > [Unit]
> > Description=Unload module before shutdown
> >
> > [Service]
> > Type=oneshot
> > ExecStart=/usr/bin/rmmod modulename
> >
> > [Install]
> > WantedBy=shutdown.target
> >
> > Without multi-user.target or Before=?
>
> Better put Before= if it is important that the module is properly
> removed before the machine is shut down.

Thanks. I need to read a lot more about systemd, it seems.

> Btw, you should probably file a bug against whatever module requires this...

There is. It's the one linked to and described in [this forum thread](https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=113985). It's been closed as solved, but yesterday I had a couple of faulty shutdowns, reminiscent of the ones I used to have before removing ehci_hcd, so I don't know.

Manolo