[arch-general] Upcoming changes to virtualbox

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Tue Jul 24 08:30:58 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 8:28 PM, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/23/2012 06:11 AM, Sébastien Luttringer wrote:
>>> Come to think of this, would dkms then be a hard dep for virtualbox?
>> dkms become an hard dep for virtualbox-source (and
>> virtualbox-archlinux-source). You can still use virtualbox-modules.
>>

>   What about for those using virtualbox-bin and virtualbox-ext-oracle for AUR?
As i said in comment in virtualbox-bin they are greatly encouraged to
move to virtualbox as there is no real difference. I will probably
drop support of virtualbox-bin soon.

> I attempted to build the virtualbox-ext-oracle package which pulled in as
> dependencies:
>
> virtualbox 4.1.18-2
> virtualbox-modules 4.1.18-4
>
>   Neither were wanted. Does this new dependency requirement need to be fixed in
> the AUR packages so that virtualbox-ext-oracle does not automatically pull in
> the Arch versions?

Why neither were wanted? As far i see, virtualbox is needed by
virtualbox-ext-orable and virtualbox-modules is a dependency of the
virtualbox.

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer
www.seblu.net