[arch-general] My end-user $0.02 on /etc/rc.conf splitting.

Calvin Morrison mutantturkey at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 10:29:25 EDT 2012

> Personally, I get exasperated when people don't take the time to
> educate themselves before making broad and incorrect assertions. There
> is a huge amount of documentation, discussion and other sources of
> information about systemd available online. Moreover, there is the
> source-code, and even the packages in Arch one can try out. There
> really is no excuse.

Well for me I do not have the time to go about learning the latest and
greatest init system, desktop environment, whatever. I still use KDE3,
I use old school init systems... why? because I use my system to do
work not to tinker. I need it to "just work" and continue working in
the same way it has. I don't want to become educated on the latest
coolest thing, I just want something that will work and work well. I
do not have time to pour through documentation of systemd just to
figure out how to work it.  When change is just for change I do not
like it.

Calvin